What Community Action Partnership Member Benefits Are Offered?
As a member of the Community Action Partnership you will receive:
- Registration Discounts for the Management and Leadership Training Conference every January
- Registration Discounts for the Annual Convention every August/September
- Access to Purchasing Point, a group purchasing network offering discounts on office equipment, shipping, business services, and more.
- Access to SafeLink Wireless’ Compensation Program for successful enrollments of cell phone users which generates additional revenue to support your agency.
- Access to the Nonprofit Risk Management Center and their customizable online risk management assessment.
- Access to Experiential Learning Credits from the Springfield College School of Professional and Continuing Studies to help employees earn their undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Waived Administrative Fees from Mutual of America for retirement plans.
- Access to Irwin Siegel Agency and their assistance in securing competitive insurance bids.
- Access to Unemployment Services Trust as a possible savings alternative to paying state unemployment taxes and source for HR Advisors.
Community Action Partnership is a Professional Association Providing:
- Community Action Partnership Annual Convention: Community Action Partnership presents the Annual Convention each year for more than 1,500 Community Action professionals to come together to learn, share ideas, and renew acquaintances from every part of the country. The Annual Convention is the largest gathering of the Community Action network. Membership entitles CAA staff and board to discounts on conference registration.
- Management and Leadership Training Conference: In addition to the Annual Convention, Community Action Partnership sponsors other training opportunities throughout the year, particularly the Community Action Partnership Winter Management Conference. Programs focus on specific topics of vital interest to Community Action. Conference themes have included: Housing and Community Economic Development, Board Training, Head Start, Governance, and Fundraising and Resource Development. Members are eligible for lowered registration fees.
- Publications and Training Resources
- The Community Action Directory: Community Action Partnership publishes the only annual comprehensive listing of Community Action Agencies, State CAA Associations, and CSBG offices. The directory is sent to all Community Action Partnership member agencies.
- Best Practice Manuals: Community Action Partnership offers the latest in our ongoing effort to revise, update, and add new Standards of Excellence Best Practice manuals to our catalogue of CAA resources.
- Pathways to Excellence Program: Pathways to Excellence is the Partnership's initiative to build the capacity of CAAs through learning and continuous improvement. Pathways uses the same tools as the Award for Excellence - the Community Action Standards of Excellence and a rigorous self-assessment process - to help CAAs foster an agency-wide environment of excellence and determine organizational strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- The Certified Community Action Professional Program (CCAP): The Community Action Partnership Certification program is an educational process leading to professional certification. The CCAP Program, the result of the contribution of over 100 Community Action leaders across the country, is designed to acknowledge experience, recognize excellence and achievements of Community Action professionals. The Program insures that the basic values, skills and knowledge are transmitted to a new generation of Community Action professionals. Candidates from Community Action Partnership member agencies pay a significantly reduced application fee.