Why Join Community Action Partnership?
Agencies like yours continue to shape the vision and the future of Community Action. A strong network puts you in touch with your colleagues across the country and gives your agency a unified voice... and a vital communications link to federal agencies and other organizations, both public and private, that share or support the mission and the Promise of Community Action.
Your energy and involvement have helped to keep Community Action Partnership responsive to your needs and built the strongest community action network ever. Membership gives you more than ever before ... access to training, publications, educational resources, and management tools which help you run a CAA more productively.
Take an active part in your network. Complete your application and become a member of Community Action Partnership today.
Community Action Partnership is your professional association providing:
- Conferences and Training
- Information & Technical Assistance
- Professional Development: Pathways to Excellence and CCAP
- Educational Resources
- Discounted Prices and Fees
- Information on Funding Resources
- Special Membership programs
Community Action Partnership's dues are based on the agency's CSBG funding level. Please check the appropriate funding category for your agency and to determine the exact amount of your CSBG funding.
For additional information on membership, contact Sranda Watkins, Membership Coordinator at Community Action Partnership: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-449-9773.
As a Community Action Partnership member, your agency receives certain benefits including:
- Community Action Partnership Annual Convention: Community Action Partnership presents the Annual Convention each year for more than 1,500 Community Action professionals to come together to learn, share ideas, and renew acquaintances from every part of the country. The Annual Convention is the largest gathering of the Community Action network. Membership entitles CAA staff and board to discounts on conference registration.
- Management and Leadership Training Conference: In addition to the Annual Convention, Community Action Partnership sponsors other training opportunities throughout the year, particularly the Community Action Partnership Winter Management Conference. Programs focus on specific topics of vital interest to Community Action. Conference themes have included: Housing and Community Economic Development, Board Training, Head Start, Governance, and Fundraising and Resource Development. Members are eligible for lowered registration fees.
- Publications and Training Resources
- The Community Action Directory: Community Action Partnership publishes the only annual comprehensive listing of Community Action Agencies, State CAA Associations, and CSBG offices. The directory is sent to all Community Action Partnership member agencies.
- Best Practice Manuals: Community Action Partnership offers the latest in our ongoing effort to revise, update, and add new Standards of Excellence Best Practice manuals to our catalogue of CAA resources.
- Pathways to Excellence Program: Pathways to Excellence is the Partnership's initiative to build the capacity of CAAs through learning and continuous improvement. Pathways uses the same tools as the Award for Excellence - the Community Action Standards of Excellence and a rigorous self-assessment process - to help CAAs foster an agency-wide environment of excellence and determine organizational strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- The Certified Community Action Professional Program (CCAP): The Community Action Partnership Certification program is an educational process leading to professional certification. The CCAP Program, the result of the contribution of over 100 Community Action leaders across the country, is designed to acknowledge experience, recognize excellence and achievements of Community Action professionals. The Program insures that the basic values, skills and knowledge are transmitted to a new generation of Community Action professionals. Candidates from Community Action Partnership member agencies pay a significantly reduced application fee.